Programme Officer for Eastern Europe
Civil Rights Defenders is looking for a Programme Officer for the Eastern Europe. The position will initially be based in Stockholm but from 2015 it might be moved Vilnius. Application deadline: 19 February 2014.
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation with headquarters in Sweden. We defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk. In Eastern Europe we closely co-operate with a number of human rights organisations, advocating for improvements in the realm of human rights and empowering human rights defenders at risk. We are now looking to recruit a competent, driven and proactive Programme Officer for Eastern Europe.
Area of Responsibility
The programme officer (PO) is responsible to carry out and follow up on our programme and long- term partnerships with human rights organisations in Eastern Europe.
The function includes:
• Monitoring and analysing the human rights situation in Eastern Europe in general;
• Travelling frequently (at least 40-60 days per year);
• Identifying, assessing and proposing new partners and activities;
• Conducting human rights activities with partners;
• Initiating and participating in lobbying and advocacy actions;
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on partnerships and activities;
• Acting as capacity-building resource for our partners;
• Providing the organisation’s management with draft editorials and supporting/additional documents for debates, etc., and writing articles, appeals and public statements for the organisation’s website and the media;
• Establishing and maintaining contacts with relevant decision-makers in the target country, Sweden and internationally.
• BA in Law, Political Science, International Relations or related fields/areas, including training in international human rights mechanisms;
• Minimum of 4 years of working experience with human rights;
• Working experience in former Soviet Union, preferably in human rights, and extensive knowledge of the human rights situation in the countries of former Soviet Union;
• Documented experience of work in the NGO sector, project management and/or advocacy work;
• Fluency in English and Russian;
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently (40-60 working days per year as a minimum).
• Ability and willingness to move to Vilnius in 2015
Information about the process
Please send your application letter and CV to Josefin Chapovalova at Staffing. For questions about the recruitment process please contact Josefin Chapovalova on tel : +46 76 – 081 09 80. Interviews will be held regularly during the recruitment process and the position may be filled before the application deadline.
Application deadline: 19 February 2014
We welcome your application!Categories: News.
Tags: Job vacancies.